The U.S. State of California (CA) has made remarkable progress in the quality of its Drivers, in spite of having one of the most complex motorway systems of the world. At the heart of this laudable success is the reliance on Department of Motor Vehicles (DMC)-approved DE (Driver Education) and DT (Driver Training). The age-group tackled with most success is the Teenagers, who were once thought to be the most irresponsible. But the California driver training has produced some of the finest drivers on the CA roads, not just in spite but clearly because of, the tender age of the New Age drivers and their ability to learn.
While the DE aspect has been covered thoroughly by superbly researched online courses that now abound in the website scene of CA, the DT, or the California driver training is by necessity mostly physical, and behind-the –wheel training on the road. The main steps for the CA Driving License are:
- The candidate must complete a new driver’s training course. These are hands-on courses, and must be on-the-road.
- The CA state written test must be passed.
- The CA state road exam must be then be passed.
- The permit must be held for at least 6 months.
- The candidate must acquire at least 50 hours of practice driving, of which at least 10 hours must be at night.
- The age of the candidate must beat least 16 years.
Some Details follow:
- The DMC-approved Training is for ages 14 to 17 years, and is specially adapted to Teens.
- They include unlimited practice tests, with a majority behind-the-wheel.
- A Free app is included generally, for reference.
- Classrooms are also organized.
- Both forms have audio-visual support.
- All driver training guides, teaching videos, cheat sheets and more are provided.